Chicuchas Wasi is an alternative primary school for girls, situated just outside of Cusco, Peru. The aim of the school is to provide high-quality, free education for females coming from underprivileged, rural backgrounds, ages 4-12.
The uniqueness of Chicuchas Wasi’s approach is two-fold: a) in promoting self-esteem and gender equality in girls, and b) in educating the families and the community as to the value of their girls and their abilities, if given opportunities.
In this way, CW empowers the girls to excel academically, as well as to defend themselves economically in the future.
- Strategic forward planning for the direction of the school
- Budgeting and expense optimization
- Human resource management
- Launch of the merit and need-based Scholarship Fund
- Establishing a social business model, incl. alternative income flows to financially support the school longer term (tourism, parent and student involvement)
- Creating a private education arm to support the free school for the economically disadvantaged.