Entrepreneurship and Business Development Analyst, Vision 4 Youth. Arusha, Tanzania
Position: Business Development Analyst, Vision 4 Youth
Location: Arusha, Tanzania.
Who we are:
Vision for Youth is a Tanzanian NGO that provides life skills and entrepreneurship training to youth. Bright Energy Africa and Youth Feed the Nation are innovative initiatives of Vision for Youth, aimed at putting training into practice by offering job opportunities for youth.
Bright Energy Africa (BEA) is a social enterprise that converts agricultural waste into biomass charcoal fuel and distributes it as cooking briquettes. Youth become the principal agents of change, selling the briquettes back to their communities, earning commissions and helping to avoid the wood cycle. Youth Feed the Nation trains in agricultural and agri-business practices and then offers soft loans as an opportunity for youth to launch their own businesses.
Both of these ventures are incubated in V4Y’s Entrepreneurship Program that aims to develop (self)-employment opportunities for Tanzanian youth.
Aktivera has been working with V4Y on creating its own business plan and financial model, prepared operational planning, incl. budgeting, staff hire and talent management, provided in-house training to senior management and staff. Aktivera also supported the creation of the agricultural loan fund for youth.
We are looking for:
A business-minded thinker to help advance entrepreneurship for the Youth of Tanzania and help launch innovative businesses.
- Support in the design and conduct entrepreneurship training for young adults. You will support youth in creating business plans for their small business ideas. This includes training on marketing, pricing, financial management, bookkeeping, savings culture, human resources strategy and customer satisfaction.
- Profile social entrepreneurship activities for individuals and youth groups.
- Prepare or modify operational strategies for V4Y and its youth.
- Ensure active participation of women and youth, and their representation.
- Prepare entrepreneurship forums where youth can share business experiences and identify potential market opportunities.
- Disseminate widely on social media and help update V4Y website.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Possesses business knowledge and a good eye for spotting business opportunities
- Has a passion for entrepreneurship
- Has some experience working with young adults; prior experience in the emerging markets context is a plus.
- Is an excellent communicator with clear presentation skills
- Has a good handle on social media platforms and website design
- Is a star team player, focused on delivering results.
Does that sound like you? Please email your CV and a brief cover letter to us at Hello@Aktivera.Co